A few weeks ago I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award from Mel of Illumelation, a wonderful travel blog with honest and wise words and gorgeous pictures. Thank you, Mel!
So, it works like this. You’re nominated by a fellow blogger with 10 questions, answer their questions and then nominate up to 10 other bloggers with your own questions. First I would answer the questions that were given to me.
1.What do you love the most about blogging?
The feeling of sharing how I perceive the world and the good sensation after receiving an email/message or whatever saying that I inspired them to travel. That’s the most precious gift and that’s exactly the intention of my blog.
2. What does “home” mean to you?
Home means warm coffee and watching a Sunday movie. Home is my birthday surrounded by my beautiful family. Home is where I feel good, where I feel in the NOW.
3. What’s your favourite place on earth?
As I once said I don’t like the word ‘favourite’ so much because it implies that you have to have a preference over other experiences, that you must choose the best one. Well, I consider that when we start comparing all the travel adventures there are neither better nor worse places but different.
But t if I had to choose a place I’d pick Zakynthos, a gorgeous Greek island where views and sunset are indescribable.
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I’d shrink the biggest egos of the world until they are all gone. Yes, I’d be terribly busy!
5. What’s the weirdest dish you’ve ever eaten?
Definately balut, a Filipino delicacy (so they say) which is basically a duck embryo. It tastes as an egg but much more intense and I couldn’t finish it when I saw the little wings =/
6. Where’s your next trip to?
South America. 6 months. With my partner. Such a challenge! =)
7. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I’ve travelled since I’m 18 but never thought of sharing it. Before my first big trip (2013) to Asia I decided I should start sharing what I see and have seen about the world to motivate others to do the same.
8. You have 24 hours to spend £1 million. What do you do?
I’d take my family and friends on a world trip. On our way we’d be helping local communities by donating money or helping them if needed.
9. Sum up life in a single sentence.
Life is being alive, following your instinct.
10. Beach, desert, city, or snow?
Mountain? =) I come from the city so I’d always pick nature before a city. From those 4 options I’d choose the beach for I feel connected to the sea.
- The country you’ve visited where people smile the most?
- How does it feel to have a travel blog?
- Create a country with the best things of each place you’ve visited.
- What’s the weirdest situation you’ve been in when travelling?
- Best trip ever?
- Advices for solo female travellers that are afraid?
- If you had the means, where would you go right now?
- What’s the best advice you’ve been given?
- You have $5, 000 with the only condition that you have to use the money for social development, what would you do?
- Your favourite quote related to travels?